Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Improvement of Vision for Over 45s

What next will we be able to renew?

I read in the The Sunday Mail while becoming quite anxious about a new laser procedure involving removal of the eye's natural lens. I sort of cringed, even though I would love to throw away my glasses forever. The thought of losing my natural lens was one of horror. I guess when one became used to the thought it might become more reasonable.

The natural lens is the part which becomes cloudy and can also becomes a cataract.
'Specifically powered to provide the desired outcome, the artificial lens improves reading or distance vision,' Dr Howes said.

Most cases experience visual recovery fast and dramatic with minimal discomfort and a speedy return to work. Sounds fantastic!

It is performed by highly skilled surgeons at The Laservision Centre and the procedure is renowned for its successful outcomes and satisfied patients. The centre also offers a cost-free consultation - very inviting!

Just a week ago I also read in Herbs for Health Booklet about bilberries (also known as blueberries) giving greater vision to fighter pilots who ate bilberry jam during World War 11. Military officers discovered this happening. There have been other studies giving similar results, improved visual acuity, quicker adjustment to darkness and faster restoration of vision after exposure to glare.

Bilberry extract plus vitamin E stopped the progression of cataracts in a whopping 97% of patients treated. That is something I would like to see.

Glyconutritionals which are saccharides designed in GlycoScience, the scientific underpinnings for Mannatech, giving optimal health and wellbeing for humans.

No comments: